Master of Commerce
Course Details (M.Com)
Duration: 2 Years
Level: Post Graduation
The medium of instruction shall be English
M.Com. or Master of Commerce is a postgraduate academic degree which is awarded after successful completion of a two years program. The Master degree course covers the study of principles of accounting, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and policies involved, etc. In the final year, the students opt for specialized study in any one fields of Commerce such as Statistics, Taxation, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance, etc. Simply, M.Com Degree gives an insight of commerce, management and economics.
Master of Commerce Eligibility
A candidate who has passed the B.Com/B.B.M/ BBS and BBA Degree examination of this University or of any other University re cognized as equivalent thereto and has secured not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate in all the Commerce subjects of Business Education in all the years (Examinations of the B.Com/BBA course) shall be eligible for admission to the course. In the case of SC/ST/Cat-I students and blind students the minimum percentage of marks required shall be less by 5%.
Master of Commerce Course Suitability
- Master of Commerce Course is suitable for those candidates who want to go for higher studies and research work in the field of statistics and related areas besides taking up job of a teacher/lecturer in various universities and colleges after clearing the requisite exams like UGC NET/JRF etc.
- This course is also suitable for those candidates who are willing to pursue Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary-ship.
How is Master of Commerce Course Beneficial?
- M.Com degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Commerce.
- M.Com degree holders can opt for further higher studies and career in various specializations of Commerce such as in Statistics, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance and many more.
- Commerce post graduates can take up research work in various fields of India’s national security problems including the international relations, geostrategic, geopolitical, socioeconomic, tactical aspects of war, etc.
- A Master’s Degree in Commerce prepares a post graduate for a wide variety of careers dealing with the flow of money, from accountant to investment banker, money manager to personal finance consultant. Law schools are a very common destination now-a-days for recent post graduates in Commerce.
- On successful completion of Master’s degree in Commerce, a student can apply for the
|Master of Commerce Employment Areas|
|Various Corporate Sectors||Banking Sectors|
|Economic Consulting Firms||Customs Department|
|Import/Export Companies||Indian Civil Services|
|Indian Statistical Services||Indian Economic Services|
|Insurance Industry and many more…|
|Master of Commerce Job Types|
|Accounts Assistant||Corporate Analyst|
|Assistant Accountant||Business Analyst|
|Executive Assistant||Finance Manager|
|Investments Analyst||Marketing Manager|
|Financial Analyst||Money Manager|
|Investment Banker||Market Analyst|
|Securities Analyst||Operations Manager|
|Personal Finance Consultant||Risk Analyst|
|Senior Accountant and many more…|