Bachelor of Computer Applications
Course Details (BCA)
Duration: 3 Years
The medium of instruction shall be English
B.C.A. or Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology course. Computer Applications or Application software is computer software designed to helps the user to perform singular or multiple related specific tasks. The duration of Bachelor of Computer Applications is three years, divided into six semesters. The course provides sound practical skills addressing problems which arise from computer systems and application development.
- Bachelor of Computer Science requires a candidate to have passed (10+2) exam from any stream with English as passing subject with minimum 45% marks at 12th standard.
|Some of B.C.A. Specializations|
|Programming Languages C, C++, Java.||Computer Organization|
|Data Communication and NetWork||Database Management|
|Systems Analysis||Web Technologies|
|Accounting Applications||Software Engineering|
B.C.A. Course Suitability
- They should possess good interpersonal and communication skills, good browsing techniques and other its related things.
- To pursue further studies to get specialization in Computer Science and Applications, Economics, Mathematics, business administration
- To pursue the career in corporate sector can opt for MBA.
- To Work in the IT sector as programmer, system engineer, software tester, junior programmer, web developer, system administrator, software developer etc.
- To work in public sector undertakings and Government Organisations For teaching in Schools and Colleges.
- Candidates must be known of parts of the Windows desktop, They should have good typing speed skills which are necessary both during the course and career.
- Those who want to pursue their Master’s degree in the very subject also are suitable for the course.
How is B.C.A. Course Beneficial?
- The course provides a sound academic base from which an advanced career in Computer
- Application can be developed. Bachelors in computer application students have a bright future in the IT field as they can take up ample jobs as Programmers and grow to become project managers.
- B.C.A. also paves way for a post-graduation in the relevant field which is always preferred.
- B.C.A. provides a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of Computer Science.
- They can seek jobs both in public and private sectors, banking, insurance, accounting, stock markets, e-commerce and marketing.
|B.C.A. Employment Areas|
|Academic Institutions||Software Developing Companies|
|Web Designing Companies||Systems Management Companies|
|Banking Sector||Insurance Companies|
|Accounting Dept||Stock Markets|
|e-Commerce & Marketing Sector and many more…|
|B.C.A. Job Types|
|Software Publisher||Finance Manager|
|Computer Programmer||Teacher & lecturer|
|Chief Information Officer||Marketing Manager|
|Business Consultant||Computer Scientist|
|Database Administrator||Computer Systems Analyst|
|Independent Consultant||Computer Support Service Specialist|
|Information Systems Manager||Systems Administrator|
|Computer Presentation Specialist||Software Developer and many more…|